1000 Centregreen Way
Cary, North Carolina 27513
Direct: (919) 244-6777
Fax: (919) 424-3866
Interim CFO or Part Time CFO
Jennifer Moses has over 13 years experience working as an advisor to a wide-variety of companies in the Triangle, ranging from closely-held family business and start-up organizations to large public companies. She is a hands-on manager with experience in financial statement reporting, corporate and individual taxation, general management, profitability analysis, sales and marketing and recruiting. Currently, Ms. Moses is serving as a part-time controller at two start-up companies. She also advises other RANKIN McKENZIE clients on a project basis on many issues including tax provisions, interactions with the Internal Revenue Service, tax planning and forecasting, etc.
Prior to arriving at RANKIN McKENZIE, Ms. Moses was a Senior Manager with Deloitte, where she specialized in corporate taxation. She most recently spent two years with the Office of the CEO of Deloitte Tax working with key executives on corporate strategy, communications and operational management. Ms. Moses spent 10 years at the Raleigh office of Deloitte working with a wide-range of clients on corporate and individual tax issues. She worked across many industries but concentrated in entrepreneurial companies, retail, and professional service organizations.
Ms. Moses holds a Bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Pennsylvania State University and she is a member of the American Institute of CPAs.
Professional Career Highlights:
- From 2005-2007, Ms. Moses was the Senior Manager in the Office of the CEO for Deloitte Tax where she worked directly with the CEO and leadership team on strategic, communications, and operational planning. She also managed an internal communications team and created new vehicles for communicating tax strategy and operational results.
- While at Deloitte, Ms. Moses designed and organized an internal training for more than 800 partners, directors, and senior managers and was heavily involved in the internal strategy refresh project.
- From 2004-2005, Ms. Moses was a financial consultant for multiple companies with accounting “clean-up” projects and served as Interim Controller for a $30 million company.
- From 2000-2004, Ms. Moses served as Senior Manager for the Lead Tax Services at Deloitte & Touche LLP where she served as primary contact for clients, including a $1 billion auto retailer, a $600 million clinical trials organization, and a $500 million consumer service business. Additionally, Ms. Moses worked closely with Washington National Tax on numerous inventory accounting issues, accounting periods and methods planning and other technical items. She was also designated as the primary CPA professional responsible for the company’s relationship with UNC MAC program and was responsible for on-campus recruiting, interviews, and coordinating and arranging office visits.
- From 1998-2000, Ms. Moses was a Senior Tax Consultant. She analyzed clients and targets for applicability of tax ideas and presented those ideas to clients at planning meetings.